There is no doubt that some days and weeks are harder than others. I really love the saying, “Count it all joy.” It reminds me to put everything I have in perspective. The good days, the bad days, the days in-between. Even when I’m distracted and can’t think of much to write––remembering why I find joy in it, is so important. And oftentimes, it means writing it all down. Here are 13 things that brought me joy this week:
- The sound of fizzle bursting out of a cold can of seltzer on the stoop.
- River combing her hair in the mirror early one morning to my surprise.
- Bright eyes and a head tilt through a clear connection an ocean apart.
- Cupcakes delivered in celebration of Mother’s Day from a dear friend. Devoured late one evening. Craving ever since.
- Oak’s response when I asked why was he so cute…
- Washed fruit creating a color story
- Clean floors at nearly midnight
- Reading a second favorite book on LIVE with the kids. Feeling their focus and eagerness to read a book for a cause I care about.
- Newly painted toes at home, of course.
- A 90s R&B playlist keeping me company at night.
- New luxe sheets and a warm body sliding between them after a bath.
- Blackberry scones and hot coffee woofed in one breath.
- Flowers floating in vintage vases in each room.
Okay, your turn! What’s brought you joy this week?