What pieces are the bones of your spring wardrobe? Spring is only two weeks away, and I’ve been thinking about it lately. Is it a dress on rotation, worn several different ways? Or is it a specific jacket, worn over anything, that makes it feel like spring (despite the fluctuating temps) in color and length? Maybe, it’s a pair of sneakers, you whip out right about now. No matter what it is, it’s fun to think about in such a weird season of life we all are in.
The other day, a friend posted a photo on the subway here in the city, in which a seat of five or so people all wore a pair of white Converse. On the same day, my other friend and I went back and forth about our respective vintage trench coats on rotation, once it warmed up. And once I had only 5 minutes to get dressed at 7 in the morning, but the day promised a whopping 56 degrees, I grabbed a bright cashmere sweater and trousers. Sweaters and trousers—comfort and color—doesn’t seem like core pieces, and yet they often are in a pinch.
Here are 6 Core Pieces For Everyday I’m thinking of:
- A pair of patterned trousers or pants that can be worn with a basic shirt or under a dress.
- An oversized everyday cardigan, that’s for chilly spring days. A pop of violet milk is a bonus, when your spring wardrobe is without, mostly.
- Classic straight-leg jeans worn with flats, ankle boots, or you favorite slip-ons on any single day.
- A vintage trench coat that has been mentioned more times than I’d like to admit.
- Needs no introduction tbh. Worn everyday with basically anything.
- A pair of eco-friendly sneakers worn with a dress, jeans, a mini skirt, and even, work-out clothes. For nights out and casual nights in. Basically, the core of the core.
What do you have on your core-spring-wardrobe list?
(This post has affiliate links. If you choose to purchase something, we may earn a small commission. Thank you for helping us keep this small space running.)
oh my gosh i’ve loved babaa from afar b/c it is so not in my price range but i’m almost convinced to make a nothing new exception/savings fund for that lavender sweater!! ( or those neon sneakers which i admittedly need and are harder to thrift.)
i’ve learned sooo much about my style and preferences from my nothing new experiment. how it’s improved my wardrobe and my summer staples here: https://tps-steph.blogspot.com/2019/08/0045-summer-surviving-thriving.html
love your style posts, latonya! glad i have your blog to catch up on during this time 🙂
Thank you so much, Steph! I’m so happy you’re here and finding some love in clothes in these odd times.