What pieces are the bones of your spring wardrobe? Spring is only two weeks away, and I’ve been thinking about it lately. Is it a dress on rotation, worn several different ways? Or is it a specific jacket, worn over anything, that makes it feel like spring (despite the fluctuating temps) in color and length? Maybe, it’s a pair of sneakers, you whip out right about now. No matter what it is, it’s fun to think about in such a weird season of life we all are in.
The other day, a friend posted a photo on the subway here in the city, in which a seat of five or so people all wore a pair of white Converse. On the same day, my other friend and I went back and forth about our respective vintage trench coats on rotation, once it warmed up. And once I had only 5 minutes to get dressed at 7 in the morning, but the day promised a whopping 56 degrees, I grabbed a bright cashmere sweater and trousers. Sweaters and trousers—comfort and color—doesn’t seem like core pieces, and yet they often are in a pinch.
Here are 6 Core Pieces For Everyday I’m thinking of:
- A pair of patterned trousers or pants that can be worn with a basic shirt or under a dress.
- An oversized everyday cardigan, that’s for chilly spring days. A pop of violet milk is a bonus, when your spring wardrobe is without, mostly.
- Classic straight-leg jeans worn with flats, ankle boots, or you favorite slip-ons on any single day.
- A vintage trench coat that has been mentioned more times than I’d like to admit.
- Needs no introduction tbh. Worn everyday with basically anything.
- A pair of eco-friendly sneakers worn with a dress, jeans, a mini skirt, and even, work-out clothes. For nights out and casual nights in. Basically, the core of the core.
What do you have on your core-spring-wardrobe list?
(This post has affiliate links. If you choose to purchase something, we may earn a small commission. Thank you for helping us keep this small space running.)