Last week, in the middle. Feeling weary. Took this picture of the sun hanging low in the living room as I sat on the floor and worked. Sent to someone I love. And in celebration of writing it all day (again) here are 13 things that brought me joy this week:
- A clean apartment c/o my house cleaner, who is a God send.
- Natural nails and not minding one bit.
- A sweet baby in the stroller, giggling, kicking and smiling at me.
- The sun. THE SUN.
- River reading The Very Hungry Catipillar to Oak in her bed last night. Making him count the fruit with each read, as if I were reading to him.
- The mild Brooklyn temperatures that allowed me to bundle up the kids a little bit less this week so far.
- New underwear that feel supportive and snug. you know, just in that new way.
- Flowers I bought for myself last night on a whim, and put beside my bed.
- River and Oak playing Slips and Ladders two days in a row on their own, without request.
- These beautiful photos early this morning.
- Writing at night by candlelight. Feeling the return to myself a bit.
- The epic dance party to Sam Cooke that happened. It was way past their bedtime, and there was couch jumping, too.
- The feeling of looking forward to working out, in a deep body and mental health sense, I can’t quite put my finger on. But it feels damn good.
Okay, your turn! What’s brought you joy this week?
(This post has affiliate links. If you choose to purchase something, we may earn a small commission. Thank you for helping us keep this small space running.)