The kids are pajama-clad and on their 15th cartoon episode. I’ve given up. There’s crafts waiting, a walk, more coffee, and some late-evening cleaning (with wine) and movies on the projector planned. I am feeling all the things, the least of which is judgement for how we are spending this chilly Friday.
Last Sunday, I spent the day organizing my closet. I assessed what I owned, folded what I kept, and created a pile for what no longer serves me. I dreamed of turning half of the hallway closet into a work-storage area, for a one-day shop. And mostly, took stock and sat deep in gratitude for this work.
And yesterday, as we stayed low during the day, and bounced around to my sister’s and friend’s late into the evening, I felt a tint of melancholy, too. The ancestral sorrow of the holiday, stolen land, and even my own little life’s ebbs and flows. And then, unsurprisingly, felt a high of gratitude for the skin I am in, the home we share, the kids I share my life with, our able-bodies, friends, family, my work, and of course, this community.
In the December issue of Lunch Lady Magazine, I shared this, “I think grief is part of the human experience and my personal connection to joy. Because grief is there, it feels tangible. Joy feels sweet and worthwhile because we know that grief, sorrow, and loss, are intricate parts of our collective journey.
Today, I am wishing you love to walk through whatever you may be grieving, observation to honor the joy, and power to sit within your abundance.
In an effort to look around with observation, here are a few of my very favorite things (that bring me joy) and codes to keep them for yourself today.
- Up to 30% off and Free shipping on my Quiet Town Home shower curtain.
- LATONYA15 for 15% off any Equal Parts purchase.
- Select discounts on our night time tool kit: our sound machine and diffuser
- 30% off our expadable dining room table that has withstood many gatherings, homework nights, parties, and arts and crafts
- 20% off at Glossier, for my favorite (only) natural eyebrow tamer.
- 30% off and a mini lipstick at Kosas, my favorite and one and only non-toxic eyeshadow.
- Free shipping on my new winter nail color.
- 15% off an old-time go-to pop of color lipstick, Ruby Woo
- 50% off the Nordic Boots I’ve worn for the last two winters
- 50% off my sneakers that have withstood the city dirt and grime, and still look fashionable
- Free shipping on my favorite local colorful basics
- A chance to shop Mini Rodini’s newly-launched Upcycling
- A trench of my dreams at Sincerely Tommy. (a portion of every sale goes towards The North American Traditional Food Systems and The Navajo Water Project.
- My oversized blazer. For every order placed, Everlane is donating $10 to Oceana, up to $300,000, to put an end to single-use plastic in three major voting markets.
This space is funded by sponsors and affiliate links. I am happy to have been able to return here again and again this year through it all. Thank you.