There is no doubt that some days and weeks are harder than others. I really love the saying, “Count it all joy.” It reminds me to put everything I have in perspective. The good days, the bad days, the days in-between. Even when I’m distracted and can’t think of much to write––remembering why I find joy in it, is so important. And oftentimes, it means writing it all down. Here are 13 things that brought me joy this week:
- Watching the protests in Puerto Rico, and being inspired by how so many stood up and fought for better together.
- Dancing with River to our new favorite album.
- Seeing how others rallied for a dear friend.
- My new necklace that benefits Planned Parenthood
- A mason jar full of iced coffee. And myself, for remembering to bring it.
- My morning meditation 4 days in a row
- Wednesday morning core pilates with K
- “Kale Rice” that one night, and the kids who happily ate it.
- My kid’s lopsided scootersauras helmet this morning as he rode his bike on the sidewalk. Curls poking through, eyes slightly covered, and chest out.
- One night with 8 steady hours of sleep. Yay!
- Purple sparkle nails since my birthday.
- This night. And this photo.
- 5 or more phone calls in the last two days “just because.”
P.S sending off this week’s letter in a bit! Sign up if you want to recieve a bi-weekly love note (basically) from me to you.
Photography by Nadine and Poupette for babaã.