How are you feeling lately? With the school transition, the news, and list of things to do, I’ve been getting a bit overwhelmed. It’s hard to stay focused when your plate is so full. I’ve spent hours at my computer asking myself, “What to do next?” But here’s the thing, when things happen, you have find a way to power through them. And you have to be active in whatever way you can. We can not just watch.
This morning I texted a friend about how good I felt because I was doing things that I could control. Somehow, with a chaotic week, doing things like: loading and unloading the dishwasher, getting the AC units in, booking a hotel for my book tour, and confirming next week’s schedule on my calender, made me feel so much better. But even with that, I know that isn’t enough. With so much going on in the world right now, here are three things you can do under 3 categories. I’m hoping you’ll join me in knocking down this list…
- Children At The Border
- Read: Children shouldn’t be dying.
- Call: Locate your representives
- Donate: Families Belong Together and Together Rising among many others
- Read: (trigger warning) Rape.
- Watch: The democratic debates
- Talk: With a friend, a family member. Make sure they’re paying attention
- Hydrate: Take it with you in color | in classic
- Celebrate: Pride
- Wear something soft and easy to slip on.
- Bonus: Take yourself out to the movies and watch THIS
What’s on your to-do list? I hope in sharing it inspires all of us to do something!
Poster designed by Mickalene Thomas for Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am