For the first time in like forever, I have my very own tiny spring makeup bag. It includes a few favorites (and a handful of random things) that have been with me through the sunny (and rainy) days this season. It’s funny, I dedicated an entire how-to in Woman Of Color to essentially being a makeup minimalist. From start to finish, all under a whopping two minutes. And even with my makeup bag, my story this spring is still relatively the same.
What I wear on my face and why, is actually quite layered. Which is odd considering what’s in my bag is quite simple.
But without further ado, here’s what’s in my spring makeup bag as of late:
- For the skin: I’ve been cleaning with CeraVe Facial Cleanser per my dermatalogist’s suggestion. I’ll be 30 this summer, and apparently hormonal acne is prime!
- For the brows. Still going strong, Glossier Boy Brow in brown, because it flows well with my hair color and is a steal at just 16 bucks. I haven’t waxed or plucked my eyebrows in about 3 maybe 4 years! So this stuff works for the untamed kind.
- For the eyelids (or cheekbones) Go CRAZY!: Fenty shimmer stick. Trusty and true. And this eyeshadow reminds of this old MAC eyeshadow palette I found in my mom’s makeup bag a decade ago! I was heartbroken when I had to let it go.
- For the lashes. I was a die-hard drugstore addict. And lately, I’ve been giving this a go. Truthfully, I’m not sure it’s “quit the drugstore” worthy.
- For the bags. Under my eyes. The ones that others assume do not exist. THIS.
- For the easiest cat eye you’ll ever get. (I promise) Because it’s still a signature.
- For the lips in the day on the run. Dropping kids off at school and bouncing meetings is a sport.
- For the lips in the day when you have more than 60 seconds. Or in the evening. Or whenever, really. Mostly, to cheer up a case of the SADS. Apllies wet. Settles matte.
Today after washing my face, I finally put Clarks Botanicals to the test! Have you used their products before?
What’s the one spring product you always have in your makeup bag?
(Last photo via Kosas Cosmetics)
Heads up: This posts uses affiliate links. With those links, LaTonya Yvette may recieve a small commision, if you choose to purchase something. Commissions allow us to continue to sustain a small business. We’re thankful for your support.