Lately, I’ve been trying a new style of denim that everyone is having a run with. It started last year when I was gifted a pair of Rebecca Taylor jeans that I had monogrammed with “LY” one evening. They have a slight flare and reach my ankles, which made it easy to style them with a 70s flair. I wore them with ankle boots and tucked in shirts all winter and spring.
This spring a different version of denim is showing up everywhere, and it has a wider flare and stops right before the ankle. I wasn’t compltely sold yet, so I had to give my new Everlane denim a try.
Here are my personal hits:
- The denim is high, but not too high. If you’ve had the odd experience of having high-waisted pants feel straight uncomfortable, you know what I mean. I can sit without feeling like my ribs are contracting!
- I really love how much ankle the style shows. It gives you enough room to wear them with flats without feeling like you’ve lost the essential style of the jeans.
- The wash is perfection. A certain wash can make or break an ouftit, especially if you’re mixing in vintage items. My entire outfit (besides the jeans) is vintage.
Here are some personal misses:
- You have to size up. This isn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I actually don’t like it. Either skip sizing or properly size?
- Because they have a vintage fit, the denim sucked in my butt a bit. Which, I didn’t like because it felt a bit off.
How do you feel about this style of denim?