While I do my best to prepare, I am no back-to-school expert, if you couldn’t tell by the title of this post. I sometimes rely on last-minute shipping and friends, and then I gather the rest of the things a good week or so into the school year. We are late bloomers here in New York, not getting into the full swing of school until after Labor Day. While I am savoring the last few days with my crew, I am equally giddy for a work schedule that is more predictable this school year. Here’s a list of things I often forget to buy and do. And maybe, this serves as a reminder for you as well. Happy back-to-school!
1. A long-sleeved shirt to last. Because early mornings get cool here quick, and I am sure arms are much longer than last year.
4. This summer we lost three water bottles. A record. Hoping these will stick around.
5. The first few weeks can be stressful for little guys. Back-up required.
7, A mini back-pack, though most schools require a big one…
8. Snack packs instead of plastic containers for lunch, because playing the matching game at 6:30 in the morning isn’t ideal.
10. A reusable bag to place in their backpacks for the endless amount of parent papers that get hidden at the bottom.
P.S Other back-to-school thoughts right here.
(some links in this post are affiliate links )