The day after my birthday, I flew to Berlin, Germany to explore, reset, and celebrate. I was interested to see how I’d feel away from the kids for a longer period of time, but was also eager to feel the difference and similarities between New York City and Berlin.
While I didn’t pack my camera, I did manage to take a good amount of photos on my iPhone. Here are 9 tings I did during my stay…
3. Walked through and shopped at several flea markets (too many to keep track, just go!)
4. Ate a lot of delicious vegetarian food. Such a wonderful surprise!
5. Hosted a little meet-up with a few wonderful Berlin readers. Then I spent the next day getting shown around by one. Thank you, Katherine!
7. Moseyed through St. George’s Bookstore.
8. Went to dinner at Ora, and laughed my butt off. Perfection.
9. Visited the Holocaust Memorial
Walking, biking, and riding the train (and allowing myself to get lost a few times) was the perfect way to get to know the city a bit. I made friends, and even spent an afternoon comparing certain neighborhoods in Berlin, to some of my favorite Brooklyn neighborhoods. I’m the type of person that gets things by getting into a flow of everyday life. I know taking a vacation for my birthday (without kids) was a complete luxury, and I don’t take that for granted. It was wonderful to ease my mind and get a necessary pause from the NYC hustle. And the truth is, there’s so much I want to do when I go back.
Have you visited Berlin? Would love to know something you did that you can’t stop thinking about.
P.S Carry-on only