Do You Love Wearing Jeans?

Before I had River I barely wore jeans. I loved the feel of a long skirt combating with the New York wind. I loved the clean and put-together feeling of wearing a miniskirt with black tights and oxfords. And then something kind of changed.

While I still love those looks, I don’t go for them as often as I once did. Not for a lack of time or creative space to put these looks together. It’s because I have found fitting jeans to be deeply comforting. “They’re like a hug!” I once told a friend when discussing my obsession.

As a woman with curves, this hug often feels exceptionally important. I feel like there is this current deep in my own body that is based off of self-love when I am wear them proudly– shirt tucked in and all. For so long, whether it was wearing a floor-length skirt or a mini skirt with tights, those looks were based off creating and in a space where my own sense of self-love wavered.

When I wear jeans now, that hug just feels plain sexy. It feels internally loud. It feels like love.

I’d love to know where you stand on wearing jeans. What does it feel like for you? I know for so many, it is a source of annoyance and pain, which I can also identify with.

(Photo by Amanda Petersen for LaTonya Yvette. Top by Hackwith Design House)

0 thoughts on “Do You Love Wearing Jeans?

• Reply Anonymous January 12, 2018 at 9:07 pm

I struggle to wear anything else…Jeans is just what I always wear. It is partly because of the weather here, it is just so practical, the summers are rarely very warm, the rest of the year is wet and windy or sometimes icecold or snowy. So it is practical, a shirt in summer and a sweater the rest of the year. I feel most comfortable in vintage jeans, like flared and highwaisted from the 70's.

• Reply Anonymous January 12, 2018 at 9:08 pm

Hey LaTonya!

Love your blog and Instagram…. just wanted to make comment that sometimes I find reading the font on this blog a bit challenging. I am 31 and have pretty good eyesight – so just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else is finding themselves straining as well. I know it's an aesthetics choice, but maybe something to consider.

Thanks!

• Reply Unknown January 12, 2018 at 10:33 pm

You're not alone. I'm obsessed with jeans too as they are my go to.

• Reply Emikos Weird Unexplained thoughts January 13, 2018 at 2:08 pm

I love those jeans on you! THough I am a pant kind of girl more like trousers, I do like high rise skinny jeans. Sadly I am an hour glass shape and being a plus size hour glass shape poses 101 problems in a pair of jeans. They never fit. Either too small or too big. I have to belt the few pair that I have. There are two that I am going to try but they are over 100 dollars. I am back at square one.

• Reply Anonymous January 15, 2018 at 6:07 pm

I’ve been trying to put into words this sentiment for a while, as my own wardrobe shifts toward my two pairs of jeans! Thanks for expressing this so beautifully.

• Reply Nan January 16, 2018 at 12:45 am

I love jeans, especially skinny jeans that have a little stretch in them – those are my favorite. By the way, you have got some gorgeous legs on you!

• Reply LaTonya Yvette January 16, 2018 at 3:23 pm

Hi!

Thank you so much for the heads up, I will definitely look into this!

xo