When the promises of spring start blowing through the breeze and budding on the trees, it’s typical to yearn for the next phase of your wardrobe. I’ve been guilty of jumping the gun on pastels and spring dresses, only to find myself freezing in the deceivingly cold, wet temperatures of March and April.
It’s at times like these one should turn to the classics—after all, they’re classic for a reason. A sturdy, reliable, yet beautiful trench coat is the perfect solution to your spring weather woes. They’re stylish and varied, yet practical and even multi-functional. I’ve rounded up some of the most darling trench coats the Internet has to offer us this spring, and I’m happy to report that they’ll be a full force style staple. Isn’t it great when fashion looks cute and makes sense?
- You can always count on J.Crew for making a lovely go-to in a trusty navy.
- Madewell combines the classic cut of a trench and pairs with classically eye-catching stripes!
- I love this Asos long trench, especially the leather details that toughen up an otherwise tasteful staple just enough.
- GAP always turns out the sweet and simple versions, which is why I love this cropped trench.
- And Old Navy consistently offers an affordable option for chic basics.
- Etsy had an unbelievable selection of high-end vintage trenches; and if you’re feeling bold, go for something unexpected like this oversized Army-green number.
- Everlane is a go-to for fantastically elegant twists, and this swing trench is chic and available in rich, gorgeous colors.
- If you want to be a bit different from the norm while still sporting the classic trench coat look, try something like this Thread and Supply draped front trench.
- This CiChic irregular trench has no buttons for an effortless, “I just threw this on over my t-shirt” look.
- Zara’s offering up flowing silhouettes and slouchy sleeves for a nice break from the typically over-structured trench.
- And if you’re really willing to put the money into a tried-and-true classic, we all know the Burberry trench is exactly that.
Sarah Noel is a writer and managing editor here at LaTonya Yvette. You can read more of her work here. Image of Jeanne Damas in seasonal Burberry
Hi Latonya & Sarah,
Great post! Love all these trenches. Just wondering if you know where the blue-grey trench in the picture above is from? That one's my favorite. Thanks!
I love the picture above, she's a French actress/model although for the lift of me I can't remember her name!! Cool trench a la shabby chic!
The model in the picture is Jeanne Damas, and the coat is Seasonal Burberry.
Thank you Angie!!
Thank you! Angie commented below! I will also link in post. xo
Thanks, Angie & Latonya!!