The other day, when the temps were dropping just below freezing, and the kids were somewhere between content and flat out miserable, I decided to make bean soup. There’s just something about cooking and creating for them and myself, that I really do enjoy. I’ve said it before. There’s also something super powerful about spending what feels like an entire day cooking as well. When a day is so easy and at the same time, surrounded around creating a meal that has been simmering since the morning, it’s always a good one. It brings about a certain kind of comfort.
Bean soup is incredibly easy to make. It’s also incredibly filling, delicious, and can easily be mixed with any other vegetable. I decided to make mine without meat because I do feel as though beans are a great alternative to meat when you happen to be craving such things.
Here’s how I made it.
– Boil about four cups of water in a pot. Once water has reached a boil, turn it off then let your beans soak in it for an hour.
– After your beans are done soaking, drain them.
– Pour one part vegetable broth and one part water in you bean pot.
– Once beans get cooking a bit, chop two yellow potatoes in bite sized pieces and put them in the pot.
– Cook your beans and potatoes for about an hour, or until tender on medium heat.
– When finished, add butter and salt and plate over brown rice with a few slices of avocado on the side.
i would love to try this recipes, which i think is quite easy and definitely won't mess up the kitchen. haha..thanks for sharing the recipes girl
I do love spending time in the kitchen making delicious meals also.
I've never tasted this soup though, I'll try the recipe this weekend!
Thank you 🙂
Oh Yay! Enjoy it!
It's super delicious and will fill you up! Enjoy!